Every year I see patients after the holidays that have back pain from standing in the kitchen cooking and baking. Here are some tips to remember.
1. Wear good supportive shoes, like something you would wear to exercise.
2. If your back starts to hurt take a 3 minute break and stretch and change your position or sit down.
3. When reaching to take heavy objects out of the oven (i.e. turkeys) bend at the knees and stick your butt out to use your strong leg muscles not your back.
4. Ice is always most helpful for the pinching pain in between your shoulder blades.
5. Elements Chiropractic is open Mon-Wed before Thanksgiving and then normal hours the week after.
Hope you all have a safe and healthy holiday.