Every Monday morning I have a blog article that I follow from Bill Esteb. Although he is not a chiropractor, he has a great grasp on the chiropractic profession. This week had an interesting article. It was about Body Awareness.
Body Awareness is listening to your body. Paying attention to signs and signals your body is giving you throughout the day and year. In the article he asks three questions.
- How do you know when you are getting a cold?
- How long does it take food to go through your body?
- Why are some allergic to pollen and others are not?
There is no right or wrong answer from the patient side of things. It is a thought provoking exercise to think about your body and how it actually works. And to realize that you didn’t wake up with a head cold today, you were exposed to that bacteria or virus days ago.
The same thing happens with your back and neck. You don’t just wake up and “throw out your back.” You have had an injury over time. That injury could have been a major injury (fall on the ice or a lifting injury) or it could be a repetitive trauma (poor posture, holding/lifting children, stresses imposed by exercise or mental stress).
As a society we have been trained to only go to the doctor when we are sick or something hurts. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to prevent illness or pain? That is what chiropractic does. Yes of course it helps with pain relief, but with regular chiropractic wellness care you can:
- Prevent neck and low back pain, arm and leg pain, headaches…
- Boost your immune system (yes your nervous system communicates with your immune system)
- Improve nerve communication to your organs for better digestion, respiration, vascular flow…
- Improve your posture
- Strengthen your spine and musculature to prevent injuries
- Decrease pressure on your intervertebral discs
- Improve your overall sense of wellness (check out the Gallup polls from Palmer College of Chiropractic over the past years)
Chiropractic is a great way to keep you healthy and decrease back and neck pain.
Have a New Year’s Resolution coming up of better health or losing weight? Chiropractic can help you reach your goals.
Elements Chiropractic Clinic is currently accepting new patients. We participate with all major insurances and even has non-insured rates.
Give us a call. 269-381-2200
We would love to have you as a patient and work together to make a healthier and increase your body awareness.
There is an old saying, “You can either take control of your health, or it will take control of you.”